Document Digitization & Digital Transformation Services
DRC provides a seamless turnkey digital transformation solution for legacy records including file de-location, secure transport, scanning, storage plus digital on-line access to information. DRC manages the intake of documents in a seamless process, picking up new files and file updates, delivering a complete & intergrated digital view of all files. Client content is securely managed in DRC's private cloud as a defacto permanent solution, or in support of complex on-prem Enterprise Content Management (ECM) solutions.
- DRC PROVIDES POST-ERP INVOICE SCANNING AND ARCHIVING SERVICES FOR BUSINESS. DRC SOLUTIONS REDUCE PAPER HANDLING COSTS, IMPROVE ACCESS TO INFORMATION AND BRIDGE THE GAP BETWEEN ERP SYSTEMS AND CRITICAL BACKUP DOCUMENTATION. START-OFF WITH POST-ERP INVOICE SCANNING AND ARCHIVING AS A LOGICAL STEP TOWARDS PRE-ERP INVOICE AUTOMATION.
Streamline AP Business Processes
Accounts Payable still provides an identifiable area of opportunity to streamline processes, reduce costs and add value. The table below illustrates the range of opportunities available to companies who evolve from manual paper-based systems to those who have implemented automated vendor invoice processing solutions in conjunction with e-invoicing strategies.
DRC's "Post-ERP” Invoice Scanning & Archiving Service
Approved invoices processed into the client’s ERP system are batched for pick-up daily or weekly for scanning and indexing by DRC. A data extract of transaction data from the ERP system, containing Vendor Name, Invoice Number, Invoice Date and Amount, is forwarded to DRC via e-mail or SFTP. Scanned invoices are merged with transaction information from the data extract and securely stored within the DRC repository enabling users to search for both recent and historical invoices using an easy-to-use browser interface offering multiple search paths.
DRC’s “Pre-ERP” Invoice Automation Service
DRC’s Pre-ERP invoice automation solution converts paper invoices sent to a designated PO Box for scanning and data capture prior to the approval process. DRC’s Pre-ERP invoice automation solution captures (scans) paper invoices along with transaction header information from invoices for routing, approval and integration with the client’s ERP system to initiate payment. DRC capture processes ensure that duplicate invoices are removed from the system, and that valid vendors are recognized. Once invoices are captured during the up-front scanning process, extensive manual routing and excessive hand-offs and resulting processing delays are eliminated.
Benefits to Both Approaches Depending Upon the Vision and Objectives
Back End Document Capture & Archival
- Alleviates lost & misplaced invoices
- Allows simultaneous access to historical & current invoice information
- Simplifies discrepancy resolution, transaction research, audits & supplier requests
- Provides secure electronic storage for invoices
- Reduces file handling and storage costs and eliminates 3rd party off-site storage costs
- Easy to implement and eliminates capital, implementation and support costs
Front-end Capture & Workflow
(Pre-ERP Imaging & Workflow)
- Streamlines & accelerates approval processing by eliminating “touches” & physical routing
- Aids in internal and legislated regulatory compliance requirements and efforts
- Tightens overall control over approval processing reducing potential for fraud & abuse
- Provides transaction-level visibility into entire invoice-to-receipt activities
- Enhances prompt payment discount capture & vendor relationships
- Provides management metrics (productivity & spend) and audit trails to meet corporate compliance requirements
- Reduces the number of calls by vendors into AP and business centres regarding status of payment
- Augments workflow automation and re-engineering efforts and eliminates capital, implementation and support costs
DRC is a proven Canadian provider of document imaging services to Canadian Federal, Provincial and Municipal government departments and agencies.